Questions & Answers
- What are the connections on the pump suction and discharge?
- The inlet is tapped 1 female BSP (British Standard Pipe) and is intended to mate with the included 1 male BSP suction tube. The outlet is tapped 3/4 female BST (British Standard Pipe) and is intended to mate with the included 3/4 male BSP spout.
- Can I connect the pump to male NPT pipes?
- The pump should only be connected to the included suction pipe and included discharge spout
- What is the difference between NPT and BSP threads?
- NPT and BSP threads are not compatible due to the differences in their thread forms, and not just the fact that most diametrical sizes have a different pitch. NPT threads have a 60° included angle and have flattened peaks and valleys; BSP threads have a 55° included angle and have rounded peaks and valleys. Never try to mate a BSP fitting with an NPT fitting if the pressure holding capability is at all critical.
Ask a question about Plastic Rotary Polypropylene Drum Pump For Chemicals # RP-90P (D) . Click here