Questions & Answers
- Where is the torque arrester installed?
- The torque arrestor is installed right above the pump and clamps over the wires.
- How snug should the torque arrester be?
- Set it so that there is just enough clearance to allow it to easily go down the well casing. While is helps center the pump, it's main function is to adsorb motor starting torque.
- Should I use a safety rope or cable to lower the pump and motor?
- Yes……the safety rope should be large enough to support the weight of the pump, piping, wire, etc., and is left on the pump and tied off at the top of the well. Obviously, if galvanized pipe is used versus poly pipe, the rope needs to be able to hold the extra weight.
Ask a question about Torque Arrestor . Click here