Pressure relief valve 1/2". Recommended only for cold water system installation. Not for use with hot water heaters. No lead
Construction: No lead heavy duty bronze pressure relief valve for shallow, deep well and submersible pumps.
Pressure setting: Spring loaded and pre-set at 100 PSI (Not adjustable)
Size:1/2 MNPT inlet X 1/2" FNPT outlet
Flow Capacity: 5 GPM at 100 PSIINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
The APOLLO RVW16 Pressure Relief Valve is to be installed for system over protection. This
valve is not intended for steam service. CAUTION - During operation, this valve may
discharge large amounts of high pressure, hot liquid. To reduce the potential for bodily injury
and property damage
- A discharge line must be installed that is connected from the valve outlet to a safe point of discharge
- No intervening valve
- Allows complete drainage of the valve and discharge line
- Is independently supported and securely anchored to avoid applied stress on the valve
- Is as short and straight as possible
- Terminates freely to atmosphere where any discharge will be clearly visible and is at no risk of freezing
- Is of a pipe size equal or greater than the valve outlet.