12 NiMH Rechargeable Battery. Exposure to damaged or ruptured batteries is a health hazard and should be avoided. If any liquid from the NiMH battery comes in contact with your skin, quickly wash with mild detergent and water, neutralize liquid with a mild acid such as vinegar and consult a doctor if necessary. If the liquid should enter your eyes, flush with clean water for fifteen minutes and consult a doctor for further instructions. Contact your local recycling center for information regarding proper disposal methods. Do not incinerate the NiMH battery pack as it has the potential to explode under high heat causing severe injury and may create toxic fumes.