A History of Growth and Innovation
Since 1936, CLA-VAL has produced the world's highest quality automatic control valves for a diverse array of industries. Established in South Pasadena with just five employees, CLA-VAL moved to its present home, a twenty-acre property in Costa Mesa, California in 1954. The Costa Mesa facility, which serves as the worldwide headquarters, features an in-house foundry as well as a manufacturing operation with more than four-acres under roof.
Over the years, CLA-VAL has continued to strengthen its operational and customer service capabilities around the world by adding the following manufacturing facilities, offices and product lines.
- Beamsville, Ontario, Canada (1963) - CLA-VAL opened offices and product manufacturing space now totaling more than 65,000 square feet, establishing a presence in Canada.
- Perris, California (1979) - CLA-VAL purchased a thirty-acre site to house state-of-the art machine shops and accommodate further growth.
- Lausanne, Switzerland (1983) - CLA-VAL S.A. was established and opened sales offices and a manufacturing facility in Lausanne to serve the European markets and the Middle East.
- Costa Mesa, California (1989) - CLA-VAL established an electronic SCADA control valve department and introduced numerous significant advances to the industry. SCADA control valves are capable of controlling pressure and flow as well as metering flow through the valve.
- Costa Mesa, California (1996) - CLA-VAL embarked upon a program to supply ground fueling products to complement the aviation fueling valve line. These products include military and commercial fueling nozzles, hose end regulators, commercial hydrant valves and couplers.
- Southeast London, United Kingdom (1996) - CLA-VAL acquired Aztec Engineering Ltd. to serve the pressure management and leakage control requirements of aging pipelines throughout the world as well as in traditional control valve markets.
- Temecula, California (1998) - CLA-VAL acquired Roll Seal Valve Company to incorporate an additional, complementary line of automatic control valves, constructed of stainless steel and suitable for high-pressure service and specialty applications.
- Lyon, France (2000) - CLA-VAL acquired Dumoulin (LYON), a well known French waterworks distributor, to serve the French waterworks market with improved technical support,
- TDV (2001) - CLA-VAL acquired the Hussey Valve and its unique patented Tubular Diaphragm Valve (TDV) line to better serve the fire protection requirements of the industries they serve.
With a commitment to better serving their customer base, CLA-VAL continues to seek opportunities for growth through future acquisitions.
King Pumps Inc. is an independent supplier of products.
Trademarks, brand names and logos are the property of each
manufacturer or its affiliates and are solely used
to identify their respective products.