Questions & Answers
- What Flojet Pumps are recommended for potable water?
- Only pumps with Santoprene / EPDM elastomers are recommended for potable water
- Can Flojet Pumps run continuously?
- The Flojet manual states Intermittent duty. Can be run continuously for short periods of time. The higher the duty cycle the shorter the expected life of the pump.
- What does short periods of time mean?
- Up 60 minutes with discharge pressure of up to 20 PSI. Up to 20 minutes when the discharge pressure is over 20 PSI. The off-time should be the same or more than the run time.
- What is meant by demand operation?
- Demand Operation is considered an “intermittent duty” application.
- What is an intermittent duty cycle?
- The maximum intermittent duty cycle is that which will cause the motor to reach its maximum thermal limits. Once the maximum thermal limit is reached, the motor must be allowed to settle to a lower temperature ideally being ambient before resuming operation. Running the pump at or near the maximum thermal limit for extended period of time will shorten the life of the pump and may result in immediate pump failure.
- What diaphragm and valve materials are recommended by Flojet for potable water?
- Only pumps with Santoprene / EPDM elastomers are recommended for potable water.
- Are Flojet pumps recommended for permanent residential domestic water applications?
- Units are NOT designed for permanent residential domestic water applications.
- Can I connect rigid pipe to the pump?
- FLOJET does not recommend the use of rigid pipe and fittings. Use flexible hose of the correct pressure rating that is compatible with the fluid to be pumped. Tubing should be at least 20 inches in length to avoid excess stress on the pump ports.
- Should I use a check valve on the pump suction line?
- The use of check valves in the plumbing system could interfere with the priming ability of the pump. If a check valve is installed in the plumbing it must have a cracking pressure of no more than 2 PSI
- Should I use a strainer on the pump inlet?
- Flojet recommends the use of a minimum 40-mesh strainer or filter in the pump inlet line will prevent foreign debris from entering the system. Failures due to foreign debris entering the pump will not be covered under the limited warranty.
Ask a question about Demand Pumps. Click here